Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stamped Vintage Spoons Teacher's Gifts

I'm so excited - in my procrastination I think I've actually come up with a cute, original year end Teacher's Gift.  
I had purchased these spoons back in December at an antique mall, thinking that I would attempt to stamp sayings, or names on them for Christmas gifts, but soon realized that my time had run out.  And - I was chicken to start whacking on these pretty little spoons.  
For some reason I got the courage today to just jump in and try it.  I think they turned out pretty good, for my first ever attempt.  The key, I discovered, is to really whack them hard!  and... to do it with a towel on the drive way instead of the wooden workbench (which is way to soft).
So - 
here we have the finished product:  A gift card to the local ice cream parlor, 2 ice cream dishes, a thing of sprinkles and one silver plate spoon with the words "Ice Cream".  Ta Da!



Can't wait to get back to the thrift store and snag some more cheap (this time!) metal silverware in order to make garden herb markers.  It's fun to WHACK stuff!
I read this blog post at Window Ledge Arts before attempting the whacking process - you might want to check it out too!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for the link, and what a creative idea for stamping spoons - I love it!

crafter said...

Cute! Love the garden markers too. Where do you get the metal stamps?

RetroLeeTX said...

I got my metal stamps from under the carnage my husband calls his "workbench". Good Luck!

(try Harbor Freight - read somewhere they had a cheap set)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Looks like you used these spoons for eating but the tutorial you linked to hamered them flat first...Yours dont look flattened. Whats your secret?
-L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...